Saturday, March 1, 2014

Want An Easy, Delicious Dinner For Two? Let Blue Apron Do The Work!

Don’t we all want cooking to be easy and simple? You know I LOVE to eat but to be honest I’m not a huge cook. Ryan is the chef in our household and when I do cook, it’s quick and easy stuff. I heard about Blue Apron Meals via Facebook and Instagram. I was seeing many of my friends posting these awesome pics of food and hash tagging Blue Apron. I checked into it and come to find out, it’s an amazing delivery service that while it doesn’t deliver a complete meal, it delivers all the ingredients (pre-portioned) to create an amazing meal with a large recipe card instructing you step by step. Lucky me, they just happened to be running a Gilt City special at the time so I figured we’d give it a shot. Result-Ryan and I are hooked.

The details:

Go to http://www.blueapron.com and sign up. As of now they deliver to most states but there’s still a few in the middle where they’re unable to deliver. At the rate this company's going I’m sure this will change sooner than later.

They post and email you the menu of the week which includes 3 meals for 2 for $59.99 (not too bad). There’s a regular menu which includes meat and seafood and also a vegetarian menu. You can not mix and match meals or pick you’re menu items. What they offer that week is what you’re getting. This being said you can skip a week anytime. If you don’t care for the menu one week, just skip it!

You pick the day of the week you want your food delivered. We picked Saturday so every Saturday we get a shipment of fresh, pre-portioned ingredients. This service is perfect for couples who eat out often or have hectic schedules as it helps eliminate waste since you're shipped only what you need.

*Bonus-all the ingredients are locally sourced and the recipe cards include the calorie count. You know exactly what you’re putting into your body. HUGE bonus.

You can cancel or skip anytime so go sign up and enjoy!



The recipe card





Our phenomenal Beef Ramen Noodle Soup. Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment