Sunday, November 9, 2014

Start your day with Super Foods!

I have never been a big fan of green powder. I’ve tried many brands and they always taste like grass (and I love green juice), they can be expensive and often times the powder can have other not-so-great stuff mixed in. You always have to read those labels.

If you’re going to use a green powder, make sure of the following...
1.) It’s organic and non GMO
2.) It’s vegan (there’s no reason for a green powder to have animal products)
3.) It’s raw (again, no reason for it not to be...)

It short, all natural green goodness.

I recently found the mother of all green powders - Amazing Grass Green Superfood. It’s literally amazing. It not only has all of aforementioned qualities but also tastes not horrible and can be purchased on Amazon for only $20. I have to say, I would not recommend mixing with just water. The taste is still pretty off-putting. It is however quite tasty when mixed with juice and even better when in a smoothie. I now put one scoop every morning in my fruit & veggie smoothies. It’s these healthy little tricks that allow me to balance those big dinners out...:-) Drink up!



No comments:

Post a Comment