Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Have a Healthy Thursday...

As promised, I'm sharing my fruit & spinach smoothie recipe. I know you may be thinking this sounds totally gross but I promise it's delicious and you can hardly taste the spinach. Now that I'm in my late 20's (ok, so I turn 30 this month...) I can no longer eat whatever I want, when I want. I try to eat very light in the morning and that works for me to stay at a healthy weight and feel good while still eating up all the culinary goodness around me. You already know I have a love for green juice but juicing takes more time and involves more ingredients. When I need quick breakfast (which is almost every day), this is my go to! You can also sub kale for spinach or use a mix of both. For newbies I suggest just spinach as the kale has a much stronger flavor.

Juanina's Start Your Day Right Smoothie

1 banana

1 handful of your favorite frozen berries (you can also use fresh but frozen gives your smoothie a nice icy texture)

1 heaping handful of spinach

1 big splash of organic Almond Milk

1 tsp bee pollen (an amazing energy booster recommended by the lovely Kimberly Snyder-http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/. Check out her books/blog for great stay healthy tips and recipes) I love this stuff and have a teaspoon every day in my smoothies, it also adds a nice flavor. 

1 tsp Chia Seeds

Enough water to blend...

Blend all the ingredients above in a blender and enjoy!


This morning I used a mix of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Yum!


You can see all of the spinach and bee pollen goodness. Go give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment