Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ahhhhh Southern Cooking...

On a recent trip back to my hometown of Athens, GA (Go Dawgs!), my sister took me to one of her favorite new spots called Rachel's. To my surprise, this spot was not in the culinary mecca that is downtown Athens, not in an area locals call Normal town...the spot wasn't even in Athens at all. Rachel's is a little hole in the wall in a neighboring city called Watkinsville located in Oconee County, GA (about a 15-20 minute drive). For all my GA friends this place is a must try! Nothing on the menu is over $10 and the food is ridiculous. I'm talking crispy fried chicken, creamy mac and cheese and the most insane broccoli casserole I've ever had the pleasure of tasting. Bonus-All the desserts are homemade & delicious, not that you'll have much room (but try:)). Get there early for the best selection of menu items! When they run out, they're out. Visit Rachel's website for more info...http://www.rachelssouthernstyle.com/



                                                  Mac and Cheese & Broccoli Casserole


Fried Chicken Breast plate with mashed taters & cabbage...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment