Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello Fall! ❤

Fall is my absolute, favorite season. It may be that I'm a Halloween baby, the cool, crisp air or the magical changing of the leaves (or perhaps that I'm just not sweating my ass off schlepping across the city). Either way, fall is a time of a new season, new flavors and some of my favorite, in season produce! A list of my top 5 favorite fall fruits and veggies are...

1.) Apples! Get off the couch, find a local farm and go apple picking. I promise you'll enjoy nothing more and you'll want to go back every year.

2.) Garlic. I use garlic in EVERYTHING. It's amazing for your health (not your breath so have gum or mints handy) and is best in late summer/early fall.

3.) Winter Squash (my fave is Butternut!). The best in fall and perfect for roasting. Just cut length wise into 1 inch wide pieces, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, and roast in the oven at 425 for about 30-45 mins. Perfection!

4.) Sweet Potatoes. So good and good for you (especially your skin!). Bake, roast or mash. Yum!

5.) Pumpkins! Nothing says fall like a bright orange pumpkin. Use pumpkin in everything from pastas to pies. Sprinkle the seeds with oil and salt to roast and use the shell for Halloween decor. No waste!




Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment